Tuesday, February 10, 2009

What a DAY!!

Well, yesterday was quite a day!! We woke up late (7:00 AM) and were supposed to leave the house by 7:45 AM, but ended up not leaving until 8:00 AM. We had to drop the girls off at my good friend, Jennifer's, house. Daniel, the boys, and I headed to Macon for my 9 AM Dr's appt. I had another appt. at 10 across the street for pre-op. Wed. I will be having a tubal ligation. Yes, I'm 'cutting off' my ability to have children. We've been blessed with 4 healthy children (2 girls & 2 boys). All went well with my appts.
Next, we went to eat at Olive Garden - YUM!YUM!! All you can eat soup, salad, and breadsticks. Then, we went to Michael's and LifeWay (2 of my favorite stores) to kill time before the boys' appt. at 2:15.
Stephen and Andrew both had well-visits (Stephen - 3yr. and Andrew - 2mo.) Poor Andrew had to get 5 shots!! OUCH!! Never knew they gave that many at a time. Poor BABY!!! Stephen passed his "tests" with flying colors. Hearing - FINE! Vision 20/20 both eyes!! Thankfully, NO SHOTS for Stephen. Stephen measured in the 75% for weight and 65% for height - so the Dr. said he's doing GREAT!! He was 38 in. tall and weighed 34 pounds. Andrew was 10 pounds 9 ounces and was 22 1/2 in. long. Not sure of his percentiles.
Dr. Slade put Andrew on Zantac as he thinks he has reflux. He had eaten just as we arrived at the office and through his normal 'after feeding' fit while the Dr. was in the room. He said that by the looks of his 'fit', reflux may be the cause. So, he suggested we add rice cereal to his bottle and give him the zantac for 30 days. He wants to reweigh him in 2 weeks and after 30 days if his problem has not improved, he will do a GI test to see if there are any internal problems to blame.
After leaving Macon, we had to go to Griffin to a viewing for our Minister of Music's dad who passed away Sunday. We got there at 6:45 and did not leave there until 8:15. It was a LONG LINE. The boys did great, though, considering what a long day we had.
We made it back to Jennifer's to pick up the girls at 8:45. I hated to be so late because they usually go to bed early, but thankfully they had not been home long.
We came home exhausted - 3 of 4 children ASLEEP!! Andrew had eaten on the way home at 8:15 and so we put him in bed expecting him to wake up a few hours later, but he slept until 6 this morning. WOW!!! GREAT NIGHT's SLEEP!!
Up bright and early - started laundry, drank coffee while doing my Esther Bible Study!! (It's a great one if you haven't done it!)
They called and said that I have to be at the hospital at 6:30 AM for my surgery tomorrow. Thank goodness - because they had originally told me 1:00 PM. Should only be there 4 or 5 hours and then they will send me home with pain medication. He says that it should only be a 2-3 day recovery.
So, my mother-in-law is coming today to spend the night and keep the kiddos tomorrow. (Needless to say, I've been trying to clean up this messy house!) She'll stay until Thurs. She's such a saint!! My mom is coming to the hospital to sit with Daniel. Then, my mom is getting the boys on Friday and keeping them for the weekend. That will be a great help!!
Pray for my quick recovery and the dr. as I go through this surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment