Wednesday, February 11, 2009

surgery day

Well - we got up at 5 AM to get ready to head to Macon. Thankfully, Andrew did not wake up during the night. We left at 5:40 AM. They took me back into surgery at about 7:30 or so. Everything went great and we were headed home at 9:30 AM. WOW!! Never had a procedure done that was so efficient and quick. They moved right from one thing to the next and then moved me out the door.
After stopping to pick up my pain medicine, we came home and the kids had saved me some pancakes and eggs for breakfast. I was STARVING! So, I ate, and then went straight to bed. I've been in bed all day. (still a bit woozy from being put to sleep).
Dr. says recovery will take a couple of days but for me not to do any heavy lifting for a week (until I go for my post-op visit).
So, I'm praying for a good night's sleep after sleeping ALL DAY!!! My kids have been very good and quiet today for me. Although, GAGA is still here to entertain them.

No comments:

Post a Comment