Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Can't believe I'm doing this...

I can't believe I've given in to the blogging world. I love reading other peoples' blogs, so I figure, "why not share my life experiences with others, too"?
There are days when I can't go on a single minute - the stress and anxiety is doing me in... and I am ready to give up and quit. But, then I remember why I'm here ... to fulfill God's purpose for me... wife and mommy - doesn't sound like much - until one of my 4 (well, 3 talking) children calls my name (for something other than tattling). And then, my purpose is of GREAT importance - to them anyway. God has created me as the wife of Daniel and the mommy to Raylyn, Hannah, Stephen, and Andrew - and to HIM that's important. To THEM - that's important. I have to remind myself of this on a daily basis that even though I don't always get recognized for ALL I DO as wife and mommy - my job is important to the one who created me. He created me for this purpose - but first and foremost - He created me to serve him - and by serving my family - I'm serving Him.
So, when my day seems as though it will NEVER end... When my children seem like they will NEVER learn to get along... When my husband is TOO BUSY to sit and talk with me... I can know that my Heavenly Father is up there - smiling on me and giving me all the recognition I need - because I'm doing the JOB he created me to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment