Tuesday, April 21, 2009




Today I am thankful for 4 healthy children. At ages 7,6,3, and almost 5 months, we've had no major illnesses. They were born healthy and except for minor colds/viruses - we've had healthy years with them. I thank God daily for that. I read of so many babies/children struggling to make it another day. I can't even begin to imagine what their parents may be going through. All I know, is for some reason, God has spared me that heartache so far in my life.
I know the day may come when I have to endure the trial of having a sick or injured child. I dread that day; but, I know that even though circumstances in my life may change from day to day - God is God ALL THE TIME! He never changes! I pray that in the midst of those circumstances I can remember that.
I pray for those who are having to endure these trials presently. I have a college friend who is currently pregnant with twins. She is (as far as I know) in Miami getting ready for laser surgery because her baby girls (who are 15 weeks gestation) have TTTS (twin to twin transference syndrone). I pray for those babies (Payton & Maren) that they will survive surgery and continue to grow and develop until they are ready to be delivered. I pray for their sweet mommy who is doing everything she can possibly do to ensure their healthy delivery. I believe surgery is tomorrow (if insurance problems were fixed).
Thank you GOD for your grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment